Friday, March 28, 2008

Be - Do - Have

I was recently reminded of something that I have learned in many places. If anyone is familiar with "The Secret" it follows something along those lines. As Jan Davis, my master instructor, puts it "BE - DO - HAVE". So many of us go through life with no understanding of the power we have to shape our lives.

BE: First step is becoming what it is we want. Believing that we already have those things. We have to change the way we look at life, no longer wishing or wanting but believing that it will come to us. If you don't like doing something it is generally because of fear. We all have our insecurities but it is often because we don't believe in ourselves or what it is we are doing. Change how you thing, not until that happens will we begin the next step which is Do.

DO: Just like the gospel we are not going to do something without first having the faith that it is going to happen. It is then, that we begin to act upon the things that we believe and preform the action necessary to receive or have.

HAVE: When you have faith and act upon that faith you naturally are going to bring about the things in life that you want. The Lord will bless you for your efforts.

Got wants to bless us, however, for miracles to work in our lives there is a price. It is this price that I think we don't fully understand. We have to push out the negative. Instead of hoping that we are going to make more money we have to tell ourselves that we HAVE more money or whatever it is that we desire. I HAVE an opportunity to do missionary work, I HAVE a new car, I HAVE good grades, I HAVE a more loving family....etc. Don't let any thought enter your mind that says I really hope that it happens. BELIEVE!!!

Prayer and Meditation are powerful things because that is where we define what it is that we HAVE. The biggest challenge that we have is controlling and changing if necessary our thoughts. Your thought control your actions and ultimately, who you are. Are you entertaining negativity? I promise it will only bring more and more until you live in it.

I believe God will bless us by our efforts to control our thoughts as much or more than our physical efforts.

What is harder to control you thoughts or your actions? One leads to the other. Your actions will reflect your thoughts if you entertain them long enough both for the good and for the bad.

I have made mistakes as we all have...SO WHAT...rewrite it in your mind and go forward with a renewed effort to be different, to achieve what you desire. There are times in life when we get to the point where we don't even like ourselves. I have been there before but we all have to start somewhere, if you can't love yourself than you need to look to those that you know love you, and that has to be enough for now.

My family and friends, I LOVE YOU! You have so much potential, and I know God and our Savior Jesus Christ love you. Let that be enough, if nothing else. Soon you will love yourself and that is when you can spread the "Habit"

1 comment:

Matt said...

Dude, Thanks, I needed that!