I was reminded recently about Elder Eyring's suggestion on writing each day about the ways we see the hand of the Lord in our lives. There are many things that I could put in my blogs but I think that should be one of them as well. Here is my first:
This is going back a ways but I am continually grateful for how things worked out with meeting Jen. I think that so much went into play to make things work out so that we could actually get together and have a good time with each other. Lets go back to what caused it all. Correct me if I am wrong Trisha but I believe you didn't like your old apartment so you ended up moving which put you in with Heather (my cousin). Heather and Trisha became friends. Jen at the time had no friends that she was close to because of various things and ended up spending a lot of time over at Trisha's and Heather's. Heather and Jen became friends. One day talking about UVSC boys Heather decided to set Jen up with he "hot cousin" (ME) She called me there and I Jen a couple of minutes later. It was a blind date, might have not worked out if Matt had not been coming down that same weekend we had a date. I called Heather who couldn't find a date for Matt so she came. The four of us had so much fun laughing the whole time. From there it escalated.
I loved and love spending time with Jen. So many days I am grateful to the Lord for her. We can do anything together. Our days are spent in laughter, sometimes over ridiculous things and sometimes at the dumb things that we each do at times. Our fights, on rare occasion, and quickly forgotten, probably because of her forgiving nature. She is the funnest person I know and willing to do almost anything....except try some types of food. I'm working on her in that category. She is always my quiet support, although she is anything but quiet, and I have never questioned her love and integrity. Also, she makes this face...we all call it the "dumb face", I love it. Okay, enough mushy stuff. She is my best friend and I am glad to spend eternity with her. I no longer remember how I did it without her. LOVE YOU JEN
Friday, February 8, 2008
Jen and the hand of the Lord
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
you guys=so cute.
i=so jealous.
you are a dork! i'm pretty sure that is why i married you. or maybe because of your good looks. or maybe because you're a good kisser. i can't really be sure. i'm pretty shallow.
Dude, you rock. I can't wait until I meet a girl that I can feel that way about. You really are my hero, you know that. In everything you have done in life you have set an example for me. You helped inspire to go on and serve faithfully in a mission. Now as I see how strong your marriage is I hope I can be even a little bit the kind of husband to my wife that you are to yours. Love ya man
-Perrin
Post a Comment